This oven-baked trout with a tangy Mandarin-Herb Marinade is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy fish. The trout is marinated in a blend of Mandarin oranges, herbs, and spices, then baked to perfection. The result is a moist and flaky fish that is packed with flavor. This dish is perfect for a healthy weeknight meal or a special occasion.
Trout is a fantastic fish that can be done in many delicious and quite simple ways, such as stewing, steaming, baking and grilling.
In today’s recipe, I’ll show you one very simple, even classic recipe, for oven baked trout stuffed with vegetables and with a little mandarin-herb twist in the marinade. Check it out below and let us know how you like it!
What is trout and how is it prepared ?
Trout is a freshwater fish that is part of the salmon family. It is found in cold, clear streams and lakes in North America, Europe, and Asia. Trout is a popular game fish and is also raised commercially for food.
There are several different species of trout, including brown trout, rainbow trout, brook trout, and cutthroat trout. Trout is usually cooked by baking, frying, or grilling. It can also be smoked or canned.
Trout is a good source of protein and is low in calories and fat. It is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health.
If you’re lucky enough to catch a trout, you’ll want to know how to prepare it for eating. First, you’ll need to clean the fish. This involves removing the guts and scales. Next, you’ll need to cook the trout. This can be done by baking, frying, or grilling. Each method will result in a delicious trout meal.
Oven Baked Trout
For the Mandarin-Herb marinade:
- 500 g of fresh trout for us it was 2 fish, already cleaned, with the heads attached, which we kept
- Coarse sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Herbs rosemary, lemon thyme, simple thyme, sage, marjoram, parsley
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 mandarin
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
For the stuffing:
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 stalk of celery
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 leek
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
For the topping:
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 stalk of celery
- 1/2 leek
- 50-80 g of broccoli
- How do you make it?
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- First of all, wash the inside of the already cleaned trout very well, pat it dry and cover with coarse sea salt.
- To make the marinade, simply mix all of the ingredients mentioned (mix the juice from 1 mandarin, the soy sauce and mustard and then add pepper, herbs and crushed garlic). Top the fish with the marinade and leave it for 10 min while preparing the veggies for stuffing and covering.
- Stuff the prepared trout with various herbs and vegetables
- Peel and slice in long and thin pieces 1/2 of a carrot, 1 shallot, 1/2 a leek and 1/2 stalk of celery. Melt some butter over medium high heat in a pan and fry it with a pinch of salt and pepper for a few minutes until the vegetables become nice and soft, about 5 minutes. At the end, add 2 tablespoons of cream to make it nice and smooth.
- Put the marinated fish into a baking tray covered with baking paper. Stuff the fish with the fried vegetables.
- For the topping, take the other half of the carrot, celery and leek and slice them into discs. Add chopped broccoli. Use the leftover marinate to moisten the vegetables for topping, add a little olive oil and place into the center of the oven for 30 min.
- After the fish is done, you can use juices from the baking pan in order to make a sauce by adding some extra cream and mustard.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
How to bake trout in the oven for a healthy and delicious meal
trout is a delicious and healthy meal that can be cooked in a variety of ways, but oven baking is one of the best options.
To bake trout in the oven, first season it with salt and pepper. Then heat a pan or griddle over medium-high heat and add some oil or butter. Once the oil or butter is hot, place the trout in the pan or griddle and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until it’s cooked through.
After the trout is cooked, remove it from the pan or griddle and place it in a baking dish or pan. Then pour a layer of baking soda over the fish and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the baking soda has bubbled and is no longer fizzing.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy trout cooked in the oven!
Trout is a healthy and sustainable fish that is perfect for summertime fare
trout is a healthy and sustainable fish that is perfect for summertime fare. Not only is trout a delicious and nutritious fish, but it’s also low in fat and high in protein, which makes it a great choice for those looking for a sustainable seafood option.
Trout is also a good choice for those looking for a sustainable seafood option because it’s a fish that is not overfished. In fact, trout is a fish that is relatively new to the world’s dinner table and is considered a “farmed fish.” While many people are still wary of farmed fish, trout is a fish that is sustainable and healthy enough for the dinner table.
In addition, trout is a fish that is versatile and can be cooked in a variety of ways. It can be grilled, pan-fried, or baked, making it a great choice for those looking for a healthy and sustainable seafood option for summertime fare.